Monday, October 6, 2014

An Hilarious Health Care Story

My insurance provider, Anthem BlueCross BlueShield, won't cover some bloodwork I had done because they think I am still covered by my previous insurance provider... Anthem HealthKeepers.

So Anthem BlueCross BlueShield is trying to force Anthem HealthKeepers to pay for the bloodwork. And, somehow, they have no way to verify in-house that I am not actually covered by Anthem HealthKeepers anymore.

So I, hilariously, have to get my employer to get Anthem HealthKeepers to send ME a letter to verify when my coverage with them ended. I then have to send that letter TO Anthem BlueCross BlueShield.

And they say health care is inefficient.

UPDATE:

It gets hilariouser.

Anthem BlueCross BlueShield doesn't even have the phone number for Anthem HealthKeepers.

"You'll have to Google that," she said.

So I did, and I called the number listed on the HealthKeepers website.

...

Which turns out to be the number for Anthem BlueCross BlueShield.

UPDATE 2:

So much hilarious.

Anthem BlueCross BlueShield fowarded me to the wrong HealthKeepers company ("We are Legion Anthem, for we are many" amirite?) who then gave me a phone number to call that was supposed to the right HealthKeepers company.

But that turned out to be an air conditioning company.