Saturday, January 21, 2012

Matthew 7:1-17



In the English Standard Version:
And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah."
Tents. I've always read it as "tabernacle," like Sufjan--some sort of holy monument of sorts. The ESV translation makes it sound more like Peter's saying, "Hey fellas, you need a place to stay tonight?" Somehow, that's much funnier to me.

Reading that passage led to me to Sufjan, naturally, and that video took me to the following one, which made me think of Sean and Julie and the three of us staring wide-eyed at each other like giddy, awestruck fools five or six minutes into the show. And now I think of the span of time and events between the and now. It's wonderful.