Sunday, December 25, 2011

tucson to cville: a roadtrip mix



In lieu–for now anyway–of my recently scrapped winter mix, I have thrown together an impromptu roadtrip mix, which you can download below.

I solicited suggestions for driving albums over at the tumblr a while ago. Everyone's suggestions were uniformly excellent. I have made it all the way to "D" and have been listening on the way to the Antlers, the Doors, the National, My Morning Jacket, Washed Out, Fleet Foxes, and Jack's summer and fall mixes for the alt-country fix. I am also very excited about this winter mix.

Download the roadtrip mix here.

tucson to cville
1. "Wonder Why" by Vetiver
2. "Under the Knife" by the Rural Alberta Advantage
3. "Santa Fe" by Beirut
4. "When Christmas Came to Me" by the Singing Mechanic
5. "Take Ya' Dancin'" by say hi
6. "Midnight City" by M83
7. "On Melancholy Hill" by Gorillaz
8. "Swimming" by Breathe Owl Breathe
9. "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky
10. "Chicago" by Dan Miloch*
11. "Sleepyhead" by Passion Pit
12. "DLZ" by TV on the Radio
13. "This Charming Man" by the Smiths
14. "Brittany's back" by the Love Language
15. "Dig a Little Deeper" by Peter Bjorn and John
16. "Gideon" by My Morning Jacket

*This song is unfinished. Barely started, really. But it has the bones of a magnificent track. Dan was kind enough to let me publish it here anyway.