Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Battery Kinzie" by Fleet Foxes (live)

Here's the best live version of "Battery Kinzie" by Fleet Foxes that I could find. Unfortunately on most of the audio either you can't hear the drums and piano, or you can't heard Pecknold.


I'm getting pumped for the Bon Iver / Fleet Foxes / The Walkmen mega-show in September. These are some of my favorite bands. Three of my four favorite albums from 2008 are from these three. The Walkmen's Lisbon was in my top three for last year, and Bows and Arrows from 2004 is one of my favorite albums of any year. Bon Iver's latest is probably my favorite album so far this year, and Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes is firmly in the top ten.

I have not managed to see either Bon Iver or Fleet Foxes yet, but the Walkmen played Tempe last year. It was one of the best shows I've ever been to.